Sitting on the dock

Sitting on the dock
June 2010

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day

Some things I'm grateful for (in no particular order):
  1. Article 1 of the Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
  2. Water - something I take for granted most of the time but recognizing that some States in the U.S. and many countries in the world have a shortage of it, I am grateful.
  3. A strong U.S. military and the brave men and women all over the world who defend this great nation and the principles on which it was founded and still stands today.
  4. The availability of quality medical care in the U.S.
  5. That I am a citizen of the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment