Turn and face the strange, changes.
I'm starting a club that I'm going to call PMC for "peri-menopause club". Peri meaning "around" or "about" and of course you know the rest. Back in the day this was spoken of in hushed tones, as in, "she's in her changes" and supposedly we all knew what that meant. I just found out a bunch of stuff about being pre-menopausal that I wish I had known about six months ago... it would have saved me a lot of "WTF" moments. No one told me about all this stuff! I knew about hot flashes, hahaha that's hilarious comedic material right there, not. And even night sweats, although no one really wants to talk about those, kinda gross. But no one said anything about debilitating fatigue, depression, moodiness, irritability, insomnia... those are just the ones I feel okay about mentioning in this blog. There's a whole host of others! I won't tell you all the symptoms I have personally experienced already, but suffice to say there have been enough of them to make me feel a bit relieved at this point to know that there's a reason for what I've been living with for months and wondering what the heck my body was doing to me!
Wanna join my club?
No comments:
Post a Comment