Sitting on the dock

Sitting on the dock
June 2010

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kicking and screaming

I woke up in a bad mood this morning. My attitude was crummy
before I even shuffled to the bathroom for my morning ablutions. I performed a mental and emotional inventory, searching for a source, and I realized that I
was angry that the weekend I envisioned turned out to be 180 degrees from
reality. I also noticed that the more I felt like I wasn’t getting what I
wanted, the less I wanted to make myself available to anyone or for anything
else. I saw myself as a small child throwing a tantrum after not getting
something she wanted. The spoiled girl voice in my head said, “Fine, then I’m
not going to church early for the prayer group. In fact, I may not go to church
at all!” To which God replied, “It’s not about you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment