Sitting on the dock

Sitting on the dock
June 2010

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Burned by Blogger [save]

It's been awhile. Want to know why? [save] I was burned by my blog. Back on July 26th, a day that will live in infamy in the City of Milwaukee, we had a crazy weather day. It rained, and rained, and rained. Thunder, lightning, rain, hail... it was bad. I left the office at 4:5opm and didn't pull into my garage until shortly before midnight. [save]I could not seem to get north of Hampton Avenue no matter which way I tried (and believe me... I tried!). It was frustrating and frightening. It was the strangest experience I think I've ever had in terms of weather. After a day or two of gathering my thoughts, I wrote a lengthy blog and included pictures of my experience that night. [save] It was, if I may say so myself, a masterpiece of literary genius. Okay... it was pretty good. [save] But in the flicker of an internet hiccup it was gone! All that work. All those carefully selected and ordered words... gone! [save] Word to the wise: auto-save on blogger cannot be trusted to [save].

No comments:

Post a Comment