Sitting on the dock

Sitting on the dock
June 2010

Friday, November 26, 2010

a favorite thing

Not really that into raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens or bright copper kettles, though I know for certain I have enjoyed my warm woolen mittens here in Wisconsin.

Thanksgiving may possibly be my favorite holiday mainly because of the food but also because of family and friends. Yesterday was no exception. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, butter carrots, biscuits, cranberry sauce. Husband, Daughters, Sons, Grandbabies, Friends... my literal and figurative plate was full yesterday. And if that wasn't enough, Abby and Bella stayed overnight and we spent the morning playing. At one point Bella decided she wanted to be held for awhile and then I remembered one of my absolutely favorite things... a baby falling asleep in my arms. Ahhhhh... thank you Lord for moments like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment